NIC Teaming in SuSE Linux
This change has to be done through console. Running ssh to the box wont' get the job done.
- Create a bonding file, ifcfg-bond0 in /etc/sysconfig/network.
linux880:/etc/sysconfig/network # vi ifcfg-bond0
- Create an ifcfg-ethx file for each interface in the bod. All interfaces should have MASTER and SLAVE definitions.
linux880:/etc/sysconfig/network # vi ifcfg-eth0
- Delete the original NIC configuration file ifcfg-eth-id-MACADDRESS, or edit the configuration file to disable it.
- Add the bonding alias to /etc/modprobe.conf.local and /etc/modules.conf so that system knows which one is the bonding file to loaded.
linux880:/# more /etc/modprobe.conf.local
- Now restart the network devices: /etc/init.d/network restart
linux880:~ # /etc/init.d/network restart
- Run ifconfig to view the configuration change in network setting. Add it should shows bond0, eth0, eth1 and lo in the configuration.